25.11.10

The art of being well-heeled.


Dior, you know I love you but you're shoes are killing me! Not the Rachel Zoe 'I die' way either. Ouch!

The idea of fabulous and comfort are two words that I'd hardly put in the same sentence. I mean, if it's comfortable, how fabulous can it 'really' be? Surely not fabulous enough!

The party season has begun a little early and right now, I'm positive that every chic fashion girl is on the hunt for the ultimate pair of statement heels to take them from effortless garden lunches and alfresco dining straight into the sophistication of luxe cocktail parties where we stand eloquently and sip 'it' cocktails before making a fast getaway to dance the night away at a haute new speakeasy and such. Oh, the fabulous life.

The perfect pair of heels should be comfortable in the sense that wearing them for 30 seconds outside of the house should not cause immediate heel pain or discomfort. Sounds impossible but really, this is the making of every 'it' heel at the moment. I recently tried on a pair of sky-high Dolce and Gabbana velvet sculptural heels and to say my feet died is just putting it frankly. I could barely move because of both the instant pain and the fear that I was going to topple into the rows of Louboutins which seemed to stare at me as if daring me to complain! Talk about a fashion faux pas on my behalf. You'll be glad to know that I didn't get them.

There seems to be a new emergence of this 'ideal' of foldable flats. A PR company recently sent me a pair of foldable flats to review and as 'comfortable' as they were, I have to honestly admit that I find the concept just a little, okay a lot, tacky if not irritating. I mean, why spend a $1500 on a pair of amazing heels only to have to change into a pair of foldable flats? I know beauty is pain but there's nothing worse than wearing a beautiful dress which you've had to trade down because the accessories are just not 'with it'. I mean, is that not a huge fashion contradiction in it's own right?

I've seen 'those' girls at the Melbourne Cup race events who will look appropriate dressed up at the event in a pretty cocktail dress, fascinator and such but only once it's over does comfort rear it's ugly head and the heels are gone and thongs, of the Brazilian type, have replaced the heels immediately. From click clack comes flip flop. I honestly cringe at moments like that! It's not called 'Fashions on the field' for no reason!

So what's my ultimate luxe party season survivor heel? Louboutin peep toe platforms with extra pailettes (sequins) never ceases to get the job done! In both comfort, style and, my favourite, pizazz.
These sparkly, statement and dare I say, comfortable Christian Louboutins are my ultimate party season pick!

XO LC.

No comments:

Post a Comment