8.10.10

First step for inner peace.


I wonder if these Eat, Pray, Love fragrances will help me achieve enlightenment on a daily basis?

Aside from the mass craze which is cinematic release of Elizabeth Gilbert's best selling memoir Eat, Pray, Love, I've been doing some eating, praying and loving of my own and boy, am I absolutely living it.

Apart from the 'Eat' aspect that is something I practically do on an hourly basis and hence my cupboards are bare and the pizza delivery guys and I basically communicate on a first name basis, I’ve been inspired to do some inner soul searching to find a solution for my daily musings and stress relief. Keeping in mind that when it comes to my life, I usually like to play it safe rather than sorry, I did a very spontaneous thing recently. Well, actually it kind of came to me and by being spontaneous, I actually went ahead with it.

You see I’ve always had this fascination for the spiritual aspect of religion and personal well-being. I don’t want to go all meta-physical and philosophically theoretical because that would just confuse me further and I think Elizabeth Gilbert did a great job at explaining what I’m attempting to say briefly in her memoir. This is not to say that I don’t also have faith in the stars. I believe in horoscopes and astrology perspectives and influences on life. If anything, I haven’t met a bigger astrology freak that reads horoscopes on a daily basis and desires to have my future read in a crystal ball (or stars actually) and to make matters worst, I even believe that I’m a little psychic (maybe because I’m the most psychic of all signs- a Pisces). A story about this will come next time around. I also have a lot of faith in following your instincts and trusting your heart. I base a lot of my decision making on feelings and intuition as opposed to logic and reasoning. Put simply, intuition plays a huge part in my life.

As you can tell, in regards to my beliefs, it can get a little confusing especially if my horoscopes say one thing and my gut feelings say another. I mean, in the end of the day don’t I just want to feel a sense of self-actualization and enlightenment so I can be a satisfied human being? Is it really too much to ask for or have I overly complicated the simple things in life that I now have way too many questions and seeking to do and not enough order and restoration which leads to further stress?

To simplify things a little bit I’m now spontaneously taking ‘drop in’ meditation and yoga classes to balance my physical self and spiritual self. After reading all of this, I don’t know how spontaneous it really is in regard to my religious beliefs. Yoga might be that one step closer to my being enlightened and one step closer to my spiritual discovery…and if not, well that's just something else I can add to my been-there-done-that list.

Meditation can really take your body and soul to tranquil places. Anyone up for a trip to Bali?

XO LC.

No comments:

Post a Comment