25.10.10

Home inspired Part TWO.


Probably the cheapest way to jazz up your home on a weekly basis.

Okay, it's official. I'm a huge sucker for divine flowers and floral arrangements in regards to the idea of interior decorating, actually make that, especially in the area of interior decorating.

There's just something so beautiful about organic, soft, buttery petals that fabric and furnishings can't really compare with. My favourite flowers are peonies (blood red in Autumn/Winter, pastel pink in Spring/Summer) but I'm extremely willing to enhance my floral knowledge and vocabulary. I'd love to be the type of person, elaborate but knowledgeable, who can just enter a cute little flower shop and say confidently 'One bunch of (insert unique flower name) please!' and there you have a weekly home garnish of a sophisticated name!

I've also figured that fresh flowers are also probably one of the best ways to brighten up your home for a great price. I don't mean to say that one must spend an extravagant amount for a humble bunch of fresh flowers but it's probably cheaper to buy fresh flowers on a weekly basis than it is to say, buy great fake flowers which you will always look at and know that it's fake. Plus you can completely alter floral designs to be something different each week leaving you room to play with different floral emotions and feelings which you want to connote in your own home. It's seriously a no-brainer. I'm disappointed I didn't think of this before.

You can be sure to know what I'll be up to this afternoon, flower shopping! I'll be sure to twitpic my floral arrangement this afternoon so keep your eyes open for a new bouquet every week. Plus, if there's anything else I learnt out of this: it is a lot less painful to pay $20 for a bunch of flowers than $800 for a new Missoni pouf. Point taken! Good day!

PS: I also love how flowers remind me of LOVE.

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson.
XO LC.

1 comment:

  1. could not agree more
    could not agree more
    its getting cold here so I did a berry arrangement instead but the freshness
    & feel is the same
    love your blog

    ReplyDelete