27.10.10

All I want for Christmas...

It's already a pre-Christmas season frenzy!

I know this sounds crazy (especially in the end of October) but I cannot wait for Christmas! There's something just so much fun about the festive holiday season where food, friends, family and fabulousness just comes together in a very positive and harmonious way! As a result of this Christmas excited-ness, I'm already making my wish list along with a gift list for my family and friends and if there's anything I'm getting out of it is, Christmas will surely be extremely costly this year!

I think the older you get, the more expensive the gifts become. Gone are the days when you'd get away with receiving a cute Barbie doll which would bring a smile to your dial. As someone who works in fashion, if I were to get a Barbie doll, you can expect it to be a Christian Louboutin Barbie doll at the very least not because that's on the top of my Christmas wish-list but because it's who I have become.

Right now, it's all about less presents but in saying so, more pricey presents. Quality overrides quantity and I believe Christmas is no exception. It's unlikely you'll spend $20 on a gift other than a Kris Kringle occasion. I have a 12 year old sister and she has made sure that this year I must buy her a M.A.C Christmas make up gift box (nothing more and nothing less) to ensure her a Merry Christmas. Starting young indeed. My 8 year old cousin has also reminded me that he would just LOVE a box of lego and at $70 a pop, what's not to love? Other than the price...

Now, I'm not complaining about buying Christmas presents. If anything I love the idea of 'the gift of giving' which I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to do. There's nothing more rewarding than seeing the smile on someone's face after you have given them a beautiful gift. A gift which you know they'll treasure for at least a week before some cooler, better, more amazing thing comes into the scene. Until then, there's nothing to really worry about.

So all in all, the purpose of my vent is to show how much I love Christmas especially the idea of presents. I know that Christmas is about so much more but the power to put a smile on someone's face is just such a powerful and satisfying feeling and if that's the rewards I reap as a result of gift giving, then the opportunity and experience is just priceless.

XO LC

1 comment:

  1. couldnt agree more!! i'm already desperately waitin for xmas to arrive and i cant wait to buy my pressies to my friends/families:) just love strollin in malls and checkin out x'mas gift sets and other random stuff that catches my attention, and usually gettin smt i wasnt looking for!lol Great pre-xmas post! and love the louboutin pic!:D

    Cinz

    http://cinzee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete